>Sage and and Garlic Aioli Recipe
by Ms. Joy
Adapted from David Lebovitz. Way, way back – you know, in the first post- I wrote about an aioli I made that would have been better if I simply had fresh sage. Well, I have fresh sage now. Excellent.
2-3 cloves garlic
very coarse sea salt
3-4 sage leaves (to taste!)
1 egg yolk (extraordinarily fresh!)
1. Crush the garlic with sea salt until creamy.
2. Add sage and a pinch of sea salt and really mash it up until the sage is broken apart. Really mash the hell out of it.
3. Add egg yolk. (This will end up satisfying two, if you would like more add another egg yolk.)
4. Whisk! Whisk! Whisk!
5. Add just a drizzle of oil.
6. Whisk! Whisk! Whisk.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 until desired consistency.
The aioli will continue to thicken as you add more oil. If you had warm, fresh (like, fresh from the chicken fresh) eggs it would be great to make this minutes before you eat it. Ooohhhh- kay. Yum. I’ll go wallow for a bit.